Molecular Plant is looking for 1-2 Scientific Editors to join its editorial team!
Molecular Plant is an international journal publishing significant findings in plant biology, focusing broadly on cellular biology, physiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, development, plant-microbe interaction, genomics, bioinformatics, and molecular evolution. As one of the leading plant science journals, Molecular Plant is seeking 1-2 full-time, in-house Scientific Editors to join its editorial team. The Scientific Editors will be expected or trained to play roles in providing immediate and satisfactory supports to the editorial team in all aspects of manuscript processing, which include but are not limited to the responsibilities listed below.
1. Work together with current members of the editorial team to evaluate the submitted manuscripts and oversee the peer review process.
2. Actively interact with the researchers and recruit research highlights, reviews and exciting research articles.
3. Write academic news, prepare the advertise materials and promote the journal globally in the plant science community. The qualified candidate is expected to have:
1. Ph.D. degree in plant science, genetics or other related subjects with at least two years of research experience abroad.
2. Strong publication record in the recognized scientific journals. At least one first-author publication in the well-known journals is required for applying for this position.
3. Broad scientific interests, the ability to critically think, and strong interest in the work of scientific editing.
4. Good command of English and basic computer skills, and good communication skills.
5. Strong self-motivation and good sense of responsibility and collaboration.
This is a full-time in-house editorial position. The successful applicants will work with the current members as a team in the Editorial Office based in Shanghai, China. A competitive salary and benefits will be provided, depending on the background and experiences, according to the policy of the Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology (IPPE), Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences (SIBS), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). The Scientific Editors of Molecular Plant will also have the opportunity to represent the journal for attending scientific conferences and visiting research institutions and to be engaged in guiding the cutting-edge research contributing to the future of plant sciences.
Applicants interested in this position please send the application materials, including a Curriculum Vitae (CV), cover letter and contacts of two references, by email to email@example.com
(subject: MP editor application) before October 30
, 2017. More information about Molecular Plant can be found at www.cell.com/molecular-plant